Salmon is topped with mixture of walnuts and herbs, which forms a crispy crust.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Recipe author: Caitlin Sherwood
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon each of salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and place salmon on top. Set aside.
- Place walnuts, parsley, oregano, garlic, lemon zest, and salt & pepper in food processor. Pulse until a fine crumb forms.
- Using your hands, pat crumb mixture oven the fleshy side of the fish, creating an even layer (watch the video above!)
- Place salmon in the oven and bake for 8-15 minutes, until salmon is flakely and opaque (8 minutes for a thin fillet, 12 for a medium fillet, and 15 for a thicker fillet). Remove from oven and allow to cool 5-10 minutes before serving.