These scrumptious protein pancakes are light, fluffy, and delicious. And since they’re gluten-free and dairy-free, they’re also a healthy Paleo breakfast option!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Yields: Makes 5-6 3-inch pancakes
Recipe author: Jjvirgin.com
- 1 cup blanched almond flour (superfine ground almonds)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Virgin Sprinkles or monk fruit extract
- pinch sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- coconut oil for pan
- Whisk almond flour, baking soda, Virgin Sprinkles, and the pinch of sea salt together in a medium mixing bowl until there’s no lumps.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, and vanilla and almond extracts.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together until thoroughly mixed.
- Preheat a lightly oiled nonstick pan over medium-low heat.
- Drop batter by 2 tablespoonfuls onto the prepared pan, and cook until pancakes are golden brown and edges are dry, about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2-3 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve your pancakes with full-fat coconut or Greek yogurt, fresh berries, and a sprinkle of cacao nibs or sliced almonds.