These are perfect little snacks to toss in kids’ lunchboxes, as after-school snacks, hiking/camping snacks, or when you need a quick boost in energy.
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Servings: 24 bites
Recipe author: Kendra Benson from Ourpaleolife.com
- 1-1/2 cups Raw Unsalted Cashews
- 10 Medjool Dates pitted
- 1 cup Freeze-Dried Strawberries
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1/2 Small Lemon optional, but highly recommended
- Extra Water if needed
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, add the cashews, dates (make sure you’ve remove ALL pits), strawberries, and salt.
- Pulse until the mixture is crumbly and the cashews have been chopped up into crumbs.
- While still running the food processor, add the vanilla extract and the lemon juice. The mixture should combine and be easy to form into balls. If it is still too crumbly, add a little water (less than a teaspoon at a time until the mixture is moldable and holds together.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the mixture and roll into smooth balls.
- Store in the refrigerator for a few weeks (if they last that long).