Spinach Artichoke Twice Baked Potatoes that are so creamy and packed with “cheesy” flavor that you’ll never believe they’re dairy free, paleo, Whole30 compliant and vegan! Great side dish or meal paired with a salad.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Recipe author: Paleorunningmomma.com
- 4 small/medium russet potatoes
- 5 oz container fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 of a 14 oz can artichoke hearts check ingredients
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small can 5.3 oz coconut cream*
- 1.5 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp ghee or butter-flavored coconut oil***
- Rub the potatoes with coconut oil and sprinkle with salt if desired, Bake the potatoes at 400 for 1 hour or until soft inside****
- Once cooled, cut each potato open lengthwise and scoop out the inside, leaving a thin layer.
- You will use the inside of 3 of the potatoes, discard the inside only of the 4th, or save for another use**
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil. Add the onions and cook until soft, then the garlic and cook until just softened.
- Add the chopped spinach and sautée, stirring until wilted, then add the chopped artichoke hearts and a sprinkle of salt and cook one more minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Mash or blend together the insides from 3 potatoes with the coconut cream, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, ghee or coconut oil, plus 3/4 tsp of salt
- Combine the potato mixture with the spinach artichoke mixture, then scoop into the hollowed potatoes
- Bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes or until beginning to lightly brown. Remove from oven and serve hot. You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days - they reheat in the oven or toaster oven really well!
*You can use the equivalent amount of coconut cream from a larger can of chilled coconut milk - the solid part is the cream, you can blend before using.
**You will fill all 4 potato skins so make sure you only discard the scooped-out inside of the 4th one.
***If you use coconut oil (for the vegan version), choose the refined kind (flavorless) or refined with butter flavor
****If you're short on time, bake the potatoes ahead of time and store in the refrigerator until ready to proceed with the recipe.