These Slow Cooker Green Chile Pork Carnitas are simple and tasty, with a little bit of a kick! Spice up your dinner with this easy recipe! These are paleo and whole 30 compliant, and perfect for Taco Tuesday, or Cinco de Mayo!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 8 hr
Total Time: 18 mins
Recipe author: Fithappyfree.com
- 3-4 pounds pork shoulder roast
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 2 jalepeno peppers seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Slice and dice up your onion, peppers and garlic.
- Place your onions into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Place your pork roast over the onions and sprinkle with the salt, pepper and cumin. Rub the spices around the pork to coat. Pour the oil over the top.
- Add the peppers, garlic and chicken broth. Cover and let it cook on low for 8-10 hours, until it shreds easily with a fork. Use two forks to shred the meat and remove from the slow-cooker.
- Top with fresh cilantro and lime. Serve and enjoy!