This Paleo Peanut Satay Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Chicken is an easy gluten free dinner idea to get good food on the table fast!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
Servings: 4 people
Recipe author: Abbeyskitchen.com
- 2 large sweet potatoes, pricked with a fork
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ tbsp reduced sodium tamari
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 cooked skinless boneless chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup broccoli, finely diced
- ½ cup snap peas, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the microwave on a heat proof dish on high for about 8-10 minutes, or until very tender when pricked with a fork. Once cool enough to touch, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides into a bowl, leaving a thin shell around the edges.
- In a small saucepan heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add in the garlic and ginger and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add in the peanut butter, broth, tamari, coconut sugar, lime and sesame oil and reduce the heat to low. Stir until very smooth then remove from the heat.
- Add the chicken, broccoli, snap peas and ¾ of the sauce to the sweet potato flesh, along with a generous pinch each of salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stuff the sweet potato shells with the mixture, then place them in the oven for about 15 minutes until the skin gets lightly crispy and the mixture warms through.
- To serve, drizzle with the remaining peanut sauce, add sriracha to taste, and garnish with green onions and crushed peanuts.