Take just 10 minutes to prep this Paleo & Whole30 Creamy Chicken Tomato Soup, and let your slow cooker do the rest! It’s the perfect cold weather busy weeknight meal.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 4 hours
Total time: 4 hours 10 mins
Recipe author: Kristi Barnes from Farmsteadchic.com
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 14 oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt, + more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5 lbs.)
- To the slow cooker, add the onion, coconut milk, chicken broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the chicken.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low 7-9 hours, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. I use a digital thermometer.
- Remove the chicken, shred it with a fork, and add it back to the crock pot.
- Mix well, and add more salt and pepper if needed.