Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Recipe author: Jaysbakingmecrazy.com
- 1 pound organic yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (I use Malk)
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil*
- 2 tablespoons fat of choice- avocado oil, ghee
- 1 1/2 cup chopped carrots (about 3 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup diced green onion (use regular onion if not low FODMAP)
- 1 cup diced organic yukon gold potatoes
- 3-4 cups broth or water*
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups frozen french green beans
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided (or to taste)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- In a small saucepan, combine potatoes with the 1 cup of water. Cover and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once cooked, turn heat off, add almond milk, and blend using an immersion blender. Leave it in the pan as you finish making the soup.
- While the potatoes are cooking, start the soup. In a large pot or dutch oven, combine garlic oil, fat, carrots, celery, green onions and potatoes. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add 3-4 cups broth or water, thyme, rosemary, green beans, and salt. Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the potato puree to the soup, stir in chicken and cook for 10 more minutes uncovered.
*Use garlic cloves if you don’t need it low FODMAP. Use water or homemade broth to keep it low FODMAP. All store bought broths have onion and garlic.
—-> BRAND NEW: The Paleohacks Bone Broth Cookbook!
Get our hot-off-the-press Paleohacks Bone Broth Cookbook and get everything you need to:
- Enjoy a variety of delicious, simple, and gourmet Paleo Bone Broth Recipes (created by our very own Casey Thaler), which will help improve digestion, boost your immune system, and improve your hair, skin, and nails
- Eat delicious bone broth recipes Fire Chili, The Ultimate Wellness Bone Broth, Ocean Stew, and over 75 more ridiculously tasty broth recipes!
With over 80 delicious Paleo Bone Broth recipes at your disposal, you'll never run out of different ways to enjoy nature's ultimate superfood.