Creamy, zesty sour cream & onion dip made dairy-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly. This luscious dip is perfect for sharing with friends and family on game day!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 23 mins
Servings: 2 cups dip
Recipe author: Julia from Theroastedroot.net
- 2 cups raw cashews soaked overnight
- 1 heaping cup cauliflower florets steamed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 to 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk see note*
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk green onion
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the raw cashews in a bowl and cover them with 2 inches of water. Leave on the counter to soak overnight. Strain and pat dry.
- Steam the cauliflower for 5 to 8 minutes, until tender when poked with a fork.
- Add all ingredients for the dip to a blender or food processor. Start with 3/4 cup cashew milk and use up to 1 cup if necessary. Note: adjusting the amount of nut milk determines the thickness of the queso. For a very thick queso, use ½ cup nut milk.
- Blend until completely smooth and no clumps are visible.
- Taste dip for flavor add additional green onion and/or sea salt to taste.
*Adjust amount of cashew milk based on desired consistency of dip. For thinner dip, use 1 cup of cashew milk. Substitute unsweetened almond milk for cashew milk.
----> BRAND NEW Cookbook: Paleo Eats! FREE - Just Pay Shipping!
Get our hot-off-the-press hard-copy Paleo Eats cookbook written by Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef Peter Servold and get everything you need to:
- Enjoy a variety of delicious, simple, and gourmet Paleo recipes (created by Chef Peter Servold)
- Eat meals like Bacon Bars, Mongolian Red Pepper Beef, Pulled Pork, and over 75 more ridiculously tasty recipes
- Get the book shipped to your door for FREE - just pay shipping!
With over 80 delicious chef-created Paleo recipes at your disposal, you'll never run out of tasty meals!