This Paleo Kung Pao Chicken is sticky, spicy, sweet and a healthier alternative to takeout! It comes together in a few very simple steps.
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Yield: 6 – 8
Recipe author: Fedandfit.com
For the marinade:
- 4 large chicken breast, cut into 1/2″ to 1″ pieces
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
To cook and finish the dish:
- 2 to 4 tablespoons avocado oil or ghee (add more as needed to finish cooing)
- 8 to 10 dried chili peppers
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- Place the chicken in a large bowl and stir with the rest of the marinade ingredients. Let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large saute or frying pa, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over high heat. Add the chili peppers and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant. Move the peppers to a separate bowl with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Spoon the chicken pieces (discarding the marinade) into the hot pan, working in batches so that no two pieces touch each other. Add the garlic and sear the chicken on 2 to 3 sides until just slightly browned, for about 3 minutes. Spoon the finished chicken to a separate bowl and repeat for the rest of the batch. If needed, add more oil to the pan to continue cooking.
- Once the chicken is finished, return the whole cooked batch back to the pan with the chili peppers. Add the honey, sesame oil, peanuts, and green onions. Stir to combine, taste for any additional seasoning, and enjoy!