A gluten-free stuffing that’s a paleo spin on traditional cornbread dressing. This paleo “cornbread” stuffing recipe is grain-free but full of traditional Thanksgiving holiday flavors.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 1 hrs
Servings: 8 servings
Recipe author: Cookeatpaleo.com
- 8 cups paleo cornbread cubed
- 1/4 cup organic ghee
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 3 ribs celery chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 bunch green onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spread cubed corn bread on baking sheet and toast 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned. Set aside to cool. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Melt ghee in large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions, celery, green pepper, and green onion until soft.
- Combine cornbread, cooked vegetable mixture, pecans, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, parsley, and thyme in large bowl.
- Fold eggs into cornbread mixture. Add chicken stock, a little at a time until cornbread is evenly moistened but not soggy.
- Place stuffing in greased baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.