This easy, sweet and spicy paleo chocolate hazelnut healthy ginger snap recipe has notes of rich coffee! They’re the perfect healthy, gluten free cookie for the Holidays!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 24 Cookies
Recipe author: Foodfaithfitness.com
- 1 Cup + 2 Tbsp Coconut sugar divided
- 1/4 Cup Coconut oil melted
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp Molasses
- 1 Egg white
- 1 1/2 Cups Amoretti Hazelnut flour *Read notes! 140g
- 5 Tbsp Coconut flour 30g
- 1 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 Tbsp Ground coffee
- 2 tsp Ground ginger
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 3 Oz Dark chocolate melted
- 1/4 Cup Toasted hazelnuts finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together 1 cup of the coconut sugar (reserving the rest for later,) the coconut oil, molasses and egg white until well combined.
- Add in the hazelnut flour, coconut flour, baking soda, coffee, ginger, cinnamon and salt and stir until well mixed.
- Spread the remaining 2 Tbsp of coconut sugar into a shallow plate. Roll the dough into 1 Tbsp balls, then roll around in the coconut sugar.
- Place the cookie dough ball onto the prepared cookie sheet and gently press out to about 1/2 inch thick. **
- Bake the until the cookies are just lightly brown on the edges, about 17 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let them cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Then transfer them to a cookie sheet to cool completely. Note that your cookies will feel really soft just out of the oven, but they firm up a lot once cooled!
- Once cooled, dunk half of the front-side of each cookie (I don’t put any chocolate on the back side of cookie) in the melted chocolate and press the end in the toasted hazelnuts. ***
- Let the chocolate harden and DEVOUR!
*Please weigh your flours to ensure perfect results!
**If you can’t fit both sheets in the oven at once, leave the second one out at room temperature.
*** You can toast hazelnuts in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.