Simplicity at its best: onions with their skins removed and baked for an hour until they reach golden perfection. It’s the perfect side dish with little effort involved, so you can craft the rest of the meal, or take a quick nap, while the onions are roasting in the oven. In fact, this recipe is so simple that prep time is well under 10 minutes.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 55 min
Recipe author: Paleoleap.com
- 12 small onions
- 1 1/2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. raw honey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Slice the top and bottom of each onion and remove the skin.
- Place all the onions in a baking dish, pour in the olive oil and toss to coat.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the onions and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and place in the oven, bake 35 to 40 minutes
- Drizzle raw honey over the onion and bake another 15 minutes.
----> BRAND NEW Cookbook: Paleo Snacks!
Get our hot-off-the-press Paleo Snacks cookbook bundle (2 for 1!) and get everything you need to:
- Enjoy a variety of delicious, simple, and gourmet Paleo snacks (created by our amazing team of chefs)
- Eat meals like Pecan & Banana Mini Bars, No-Bake Hazelnut Brownies, Pomagranate Chicken Bites, and over 75 more ridiculously tasty snack recipes!
With over 80 delicious chef-created Paleo snack recipes at your disposal, you'll never run out of tasty snacks for when you're at work, on the go, or traveling!