Sweetened with real maple syrup and topped with a velvety smooth coconut cream frosting, this no-bake, double chocolate paleo cake recipe is full of antioxidant-rich chocolate goodness for a guilt-free craving fix!
Total Time: 1hr 20 Mins
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 5 Mins
Recipe author: Jennafer Ashley
For the Chocolate Cake:
- 1 cup unsweetened dark chocolate chunks or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
For Coconut Chocolate Frosting:
- Liberally grease an 8-inch round cake pan with coconut oil. In a small bowl, whisk together almond meal and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Heat coconut milk, coconut oil, and maple syrup over low heat until steaming. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in chocolate chips until smooth.
- Gradually whisk dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well combined. Pour into prepared pan. Smooth top with a spatula. Place in freezer for 1 hour to set.
- For frosting, combine coconut cream, cocoa powder and maple syrup in a medium mixing bowl. Beat using a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth and fluffy. Place into a bowl or jar and refrigerate.
- Use a sharp knife to loosen cake from edges of the pan. Place a plate on top of cake pan and flip over to remove cake from pan.
- Frost with chocolate coconut frosting. Store in refrigerator.