These wings have a great combination of sweet, a hint of saltiness, and some sticky, crunchy goodness. They are sure to impress your guests at your next gathering!
Recipe author: Primalpalate.com
- 3 1/2 lb Chicken Wings
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt, a pinch for the chicken, plus a pinch for the sauce
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 Tbsp Tin Star Cultured Ghee
- 1/4 cup Raw Honey
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 tsp ground Ginger, powder, or fresh
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 cloves Garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbsp Green Onion, to garnish
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Seeds, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425F. Place a wire rack over a large, rimmed baking sheet. Place the chicken wings on the sheet, with the thicker side of skin up. Sprinkle with a little pink Himalayan salt and black pepper.
- Bake the chicken wings for 40-45 minutes, until the skin is golden and crispy.
- When the wings have about 20 minutes left, start bringing together the sauce. We like using the largest skillet we have, with high walls. Once the sauce comes together, you can toss the wings with the sauce in this pan, which is an added bonus.
- Start over medium heat, combining the ghee and honey. Stir together.
- Add the coconut aminos, ginger, red pepper flakes, pinch of salt, and pressed clove of garlic. Stir everything together, and simmer over a medium low flame. Keep stirring to prevent parts of the sauce from burning.
- When the sauce has reduced roughly by 1/2, and becomes thicker, you can turn the heat to low. Stir occasionally until the wings are finished.
- Toss the wings with the sauce until evenly coated. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and top with sliced green onion. Serve immediately!