Paleo Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Fresh, flavorful, and FAST, these easy chicken lettuce wraps will be on the table in no time. They’re a major crowd pleaser!
For a dipping sauce, we mixed together equal parts dijon mustard and coconut aminos/tamari. You can also add a little chili oil or Sriracha if you like it hot!
Recipe author: One Lovely Life
For the filling:
- 1 lb ground chicken (we ground chicken thighs in our food processor, but chicken breast works well too)
- 6-8oz button or baby bella mushrooms, finely minced
- 1 (8oz) can water chestnuts, drained and minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (olive or coconut oil would work well too)
- ¼-1/3 cup coconut aminos, GF tamari, or soy sauce
- Lettuce leaves (romaine hearts or iceberg lettuce work well)
- Prepare the filling by heating the oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned and cooked all the way through.
- Add mushrooms, water chestnuts, green onions, ginger, and garlic. Cook until fragrant and cooked through. Add 4 Tbsp coconut aminos or tamari and stir to coat chicken mixture.
- Add additional sauce as desired (remember you don’t want it too wet, or it will make eating your lettuce wraps a very messy, soggy experience).
- Scoop mixture onto lettuce leaves. top with cilantro, if desired, and your favorite dipping sauce.
Not a chicken fan? LOTS of readers have made these with ground pork or turkey over the last few years without any trouble! I just don’t care for ground turkey (it’s too strong-tasting to me). You can also grind your own chicken, like we did. We ground our own chicken using a 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs and our food processor. Worked like a charm!
Fit your own diet. If you don’t have any dietary restrictions, you can use soy sauce for this recipe. If you need something gluten free, we go with tamari, and if you need something paleo, coconut aminos works beautifully.
—-> BRAND NEW Cookbook: Paleo Eats! FREE – Just Pay Shipping!
Get our hot-off-the-press hard-copy Paleo Eats cookbook written by Le Cordon Bleu trained Chef Peter Servold and get everything you need to:
- Enjoy a variety of delicious, simple, and gourmet Paleo recipes (created by Chef Peter Servold)
- Eat meals like Bacon Bars, Mongolian Red Pepper Beef, Pulled Pork, and over 75 more ridiculously tasty recipes
- Get the book shipped to your door for FREE - just pay shipping!
With over 80 delicious chef-created Paleo recipes at your disposal, you'll never run out of tasty meals!